Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Bryce!



One year ago little Bryce brighten our lives!  After 22 hours of labor, he entered the world 2 1/2 hours early from his due date.  October 9 changed and enhanced my life forever. A bright eyed precious boy came into my life and made a deeper love for a child that I didn't even know existed.  I never knew that I could love such a precious child instantly.  I never knew that a laugh or a smile of a child could brighten even the gloomiest of days! I don't even know what my life would be without Bryce and how much 1 year could be so fast!
Bryce celebrated his first birthday this year by hanging out with his family.  My parents are in town for the weekend from Kansas to help us celebrate and my sister is in town from LA.  We made Bryce's favorite breakfast of pancakes and bananas and then played miniature golf at Adventure Land.  Bryce got a new walker for his birthday that has a basket to carry around his toys and such.  He is quite the cruiser now....yet still not walking on his own though the way he flings his cart around I'm not sure why he doesn't realize that he could walk. 
We had his first birthday with lots of family and friends from great-great aunts and uncles to co-workers and old college roommates. It was a fabulous group of people.  The theme was jungle since he adores monkeys.  We made "kid' food like fried mac and cheese, animal crackers, pigs in a blanket, goldfish and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  He wasn't so sure about opening the presents...as soon as he opened a gift and loved it, he had to put it back and try another gift :)  He loved the cupcake and was so super cute but not too messy as he picked at the cupcake with the frosting mostly on his shirt and pants rather than his face.  We had a blast and truly enjoyed being able to celebrate with everyone!
Bryce is such a darling little boy and even though he only had one nap, he still stayed a jolly, happy little boy!  I am completely blessed to have a wonderful son and to be able to celebrate a wonderful 1st year.
opening presents

YUM
Happy Birthday Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment