Friday, November 19, 2010

Trip to Kansas

We took our first family trip to Kansas. I am not a light packer in the first place but then when you add a baby with his gear and a puppy then you can pack out the car quite quickly.  We actually did really well on the trip.  We of course stopped at the treasured Oasis of the plains in Colby, KS as a traditions of the trips of I-70. Once we got to my folks house in Lorraine, KS we had a great time.  Danny went hunting with my dad and they got a quail- though just 1 quail was not the plan!  :) I guess the pheasants knew it was opening day of the season. It was good to be able to hang out with my folks and fun to watch Benton and my parents' dog, Duke try to be friends.  Bryce loved having 2 dogs hanging around him as well.  We went to church on Sunday and joined their wonderful church family for 2nd Sunday Potluck!  Good Cooking! Bryce also got to ride the rocking horse that I got for my 1st birthday.  He loved it and it was fun to watch him play with it. It was a nice break in the country for a while and good to see the grandparents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment