Thursday, February 23, 2012

When it Rains, It Pours

I don't need sympathy, I am just simply writing this for you to laugh along with me in the funny and imperfect lives we have and how days are not all rainbows and sunshine but sometimes there are those days when you just sit down and can't decide if you should laugh or cry about the circumstances!
I have been struggling with pregnancy insomnia so I didn't go to sleep til about 11:30 just tossing and turning.  Poor Danny got up with Bryce at 12:30 because he was moaning in his sleep only to find that he had soaked through his diaper and needed an outfit change.  About 3 rolls around and I have horrendous leg cramps (I need to increase my potassium) and can't sleep for a while.  Four rolls around and it happens again!  At this point, I am tired and just hoping for a couple hours of sleep but really just hoping the night would end.  At 4:45 Benton gets sick waking both Danny and myself up.  We throw him outside while cleaning up the floor and realizing why some people choose not to have dogs!  5 o'clock and we both are having a rough time falling asleep and once I finally fall asleep my alarm goes off.  The morning progresses fine until Benton comes in and we realize that he's still internally sick.  I won't go into the gruesome details but as we are cleaning Benton up, the smell overtakes me.  For those of you who have been pregnant, you realize that sometimes as much as you will yourself to not get sick over a smell, the harder it becomes.  So poor Danny is cleaning up Benton while I run to the restroom to throw up!  Ah the glory of pregnancy!  A few hours pass, uneventful until I walk into the kitchen and realize the smell of cinnamon is quite strong only to realize that my candle on my candle warmer ( to cover up the smell from earlier this morning)  has shattered and there is red wax all over my counter, floor, dog bowls, recycling and papers.  I quickly clean up the still wet wax and google how to remove all the dried wax off of multiple surfaces.  During this discovery,  I start to feel a little light headed.  I have been having issues with low blood pressure and quickly take a reading to find I am quite low.  I gobble down some salty crackers with peanut butter and then a couple of spoonfuls of salt as my blood pressure slowly rises back to a normal level.  I laugh!  I am able to get all the wax up off the surfaces ( a small section of tan grout is slightly pink) and thank the Lord for Goof Off and Magic Erasers and the glorious information that Google provides- what did people do before Google?!  The smell of Goof Off makes me slightly queasy and I have to open several windows to air out the house even though it is currently freezing outside and snowing! Bryce was a trooper through my red wax explosion and kept his buddy Evie, who I watch during the day, busy by doing silly antics and making her laugh.  As I am finishing up, I hear a thump and crying.  Bryce's show for his friend somehow included jumping from a stepping stool onto an oven mitt and has ended in a bonked head while Evie laughs- only causing Bryce to cry harder!  Now we sit down to lunch- windows open, Bryce singing the ABC songs, Evie screaming and I realizing how funny life is...even through the craziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment